World of Cats

Monday, December 05, 2005

Cat Facts!

As much as I know about cats, I learn something new everyday. There is so much to learn, it would probably be impossible to know every little fact out there. I find cats to be incredibly interesting. Actually, I was just browsing the internet for some facts. A few things I learned are:

*It has been scientifically proven that owning cats is good for our health and can decrease the occurrence of high blood pressure and other illnesses. (a very good excuse to convince your parents to let you get a cat..)
*A cat's tail is used to maintain balance. (i've heard the whiskers do that too.. anyone know?)
*In multi-cat households, cats of the opposite sex usually get along better. (an interesting fact, and i can say that from experience it is very true.)

Read more interesting facts here: Cat Facts

Know any interesting cat facts? Post some in my comments!

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I've heard that, too. I am the proud owner of 7 cats myself and they are all little chunks of heaven. In fact, I named each of them after characters in the Bible. Veerrryy interesting website!!! Thanks, Em.

    -Marge, The Cat Lady, PhD.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/05/2005 3:10 PM  

  • I have 'heard'...not sure if it is true though, that a cat will not put its head into something it can not get out of, and that their wiskers are how they tell where they can get their bodies through.

    I didnt know about the cats of opposite sex, but I can say that my two took to each other almost immediately. I to am going to link to your site.

    My cats have their own place... http://tophatandtail.blogspot.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/13/2005 7:42 PM  

  • I love your blog! The one fact I know about cats is tht they dont actually eat lizards. They just love chase, chew and spit them out. Now is only someone can tell me why??

    By Blogger Pipi Longstockings, at 12/19/2005 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home